1 comment so far
- Silver could be a safe haven in case of disasters.
- Silver besides being a precious metal, is very much needed by industry (so I read somewhere).
- Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS) is World’s second Silver producer/miner, and I can’t figure out which is the first.
- 3% dividend yield is something I like very much, specially considiring that Payout ratio is an honest 30%
- Forward P/E ( Dec 31, 2014): 10.01 seems cheap enough to me, although current P/E = 30 is quite high. (more…)
Hate Ketchup, but love Heinz’s fat dividends! I’m buying 23 HNZ shares in 5 minutes December 29, 2009Posted by deminvest in Defensive Stock, Heinz, HNZ, investment, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
Tags: good taste, ketchup
1 comment so far
Heinz yields 3.9 % dividends. I can hardly resist such juicy dividends, considering that, according to Yahoo finance:
- HNZ has a honest 16 P/E ratio.
- HNZ is supposed to grow its earnings. Next year P/E is supposed to go to 14. (more…)
I’m buying $1000 worth of Blackstone (BX) in 5 minutes November 19, 2009Posted by deminvest in Blackstone, BX, growth stock, investment, investment strategies, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
Blackstone is a huge Private Equity fund.
They manage more than $ 90 Billion. Hopefully they manage that sum well. The company earns managements fees even if the value of assets they manage gos down. Forward P/E ratio is a reasonable 15. Main reasons why I buy BX is the fact the middlemen usually gain even if things go badly, the fact that if things go well they gain even more. Last but not least:
- Huge dividend yield: 8%
- Grrowing dividend yield: last year was just 6%
Growing dividends in a sinking economy looks nice. I bet that Blackstone’s managing fees will go up if the Economy continues it current recovery.
Tags: bargains, cheap
1 comment so far
- It is hard to defeat the giant. Google, Apple, The Open Source communty, all claim that Microsoft is evil and that their products are better. Still I am Blogging from Windows PC, and chances are you’re reading me using Microsoft software. It is not easy to change people’s habbits and Miscroft has shown great ability to defends its core markets, while competing on new markets, like mobile devices, Internet services, Gaming… Things can change, but nobody has yet proven they can really hurt Microsoft
- We, the people want cheap stuff. Snobs can still pay twice as much to get same CPU and same RAM on a Mac, but I am not going to throw all that money on a sleek design. Most of the 6 Billion people on this planet wouldn’t do so either. Developing countries are adopting Windows. They can’t afford Apple’s cool stuff. (more…)
Today I will buy a 7% yielding high risk Municipal Bonds ETF: HYD Market Vectors High-Yield Municipal Index ETF April 27, 2009Posted by deminvest in etf, funds, investment, investment strategies, risky investments, stocks that pay high dividends.
Tags: administrations, bail out, bonds, mucipal, obama
add a comment
US government bailed out automakers and banks. Will Obama let local administrations fail?
Since my opinion is that US government will bail out local administrations, I am buying a 7% yielding municipal bond ETF.
Market Vectors High-Yield Municipal Index ETF [HYD] is high risk, it buys bods that are even below investment grade. Here is some data:
here is the prospect:
A little bit late, but with all my courage, yesterday I placed my February buy order on Procter & Gamble (PG) March 20, 2009Posted by deminvest in Defensive Stock, investment, PG, Procter & Gamble, risky investments, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
Tags: buy, consumere goods, economy, stocks
add a comment
Yesterday I bought 22 PG shares at $ 46.79 each, spending a total amount of $ 1029.38. It is a risky time to buy stocks, but I go on with my strategy.
As I wrote Procter and Gamble offers good dividends and its products are simply what the World buys every week in Supermarkets.
Let’s hope this crisis ends soon. I’m betting that:
- P&G won’t fall much further, even if this crisis goes on
- PG shares will skyrocket as the economy restarts its growing
Even in this market, I keep buying. China Mobile (CHL) looks like a safe bargain to me October 31, 2008Posted by deminvest in China Mobile, China stock, CHL, growth stock, Internet stocks, investment, Nasdaq stock, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
I bought 20 China mobile shares at USD 50,09 each, spending a total amount of $ 1000,18 fom my October monthly investment.
I chose world’s largest mobile operator for my October $1000 investment because:
1. it is cheap with P/E = 11, Forward P/E 10,
2. it grows Quarterly Revenue Growth (yoy):17.90% Quarterly Earnings Growth (yoy):44.70%
3. It is loaded with cash, $25 Billion, and no debts.
4. It gives out 3.5% dividend
5. More and more Chinese people are getting their first mobile phone
Bargain stocks for May: HP (HPQ), Humana (HUM), Integrys Energy (TEG), EV Energy Partners (EVEP) April 22, 2008Posted by deminvest in AAV, AAV, Advantage Energy Income Fund, Defensive Stock, EV Energy Partners, EVEP, Hewlet Pacward, HP, Integrys Energy, investment, Nasdaq stock, stocks that pay high dividends, TEG.
Tags: bargains, energy, insurance, Natural gas
In May I’ll have to chose a stock for my monthly $1000 investment. I see a market of opportunities. I’m looking at companies that should do pretty well even in a recession, but are priced at very low P/E ratios. The most interesting are HP (HPQ), Humana (HUM), Integrys Energy (TEG), EV Energy Partners (EVEP):
HP is cheap: Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday):16.39 Forward P/E (fye 31-Oct-09):12.26
HP is growing: Qtrly Revenue Growth (yoy):13.50% Qtrly Earnings Growth (yoy):37.90%
HP has more cash then debts and offers a little 0.7% dividend yield which is always welcome.
Humana is dirt cheap: P/E = 8.54. Unfortuantely at Humana they made a calculation mistake on their Medicare prescription – drugs plan. That will hurt their earnings for next year. Forward P/E= 13
Humana has been growing lately: Qtrly Revenue Growth (yoy):12.10% Qtrly Earnings Growth (yoy):56.90%
Humana is loaded with cash: $2.7B on a market Cap of $7.1B are made of cash. So 40% of its stock-price is made by plain cash. That makes Humana even cheaper.
Integrys (TEG) is an Energy and Natural gas utility based in Chicago.
TEG is cheap: Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday):13.72, Forward P/E= 13.5
TEG offers juicy 5% dividends and its business should be recession proof.
EV Energy Partners (EVEP) is also a nice oil and Gas company, offering juicy 8.3% dividends. It seems cheap: Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday):38.72 Forward P/E (fye 31-Dec-09) :6.81. Unfortunately EVEP has pretty large debts. About twice their yearly revenue.
I’ll buy a great bargain stock in 5 minutes: Advantage Energy Income Fund AAV, a natural gas company which yields 12.4% dividends April 7, 2008Posted by deminvest in AAV, Advantage Energy Income Fund, stocks that pay high dividends.
Tags: Canada, Canadina Stock, energy, gas, oil
Thanks to Patient Investing Blog for discovering this hidden Canadian gem: