My stock purchase for March is Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS) March 22, 2013Posted by antibeppegrillo in investment, PAAS, Pan American Silver Corp, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
- Silver could be a safe haven in case of disasters.
- Silver besides being a precious metal, is very much needed by industry (so I read somewhere).
- Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS) is World’s second Silver producer/miner, and I can’t figure out which is the first.
- 3% dividend yield is something I like very much, specially considiring that Payout ratio is an honest 30%
- Forward P/E ( Dec 31, 2014): 10.01 seems cheap enough to me, although current P/E = 30 is quite high. The different between future and current may depend on expected growth (GOOD!) or some accounting charges PAAS wrote off this year (NEUTRAL)
- PAAS is packed with cash: Total Cash=542.32 M and Total Debt= 77.98 M, means that 20% of the price I pay is cash. Remaining 80% in silver looks really great!