Tags: idiots, John Donahoe, Meg Whitman, ripoff, skype, Skype writedon write-down
Plain facts that anybody who is not an idiot can understand:
- Ebay bought fast growing Skype at $3.1 B bargain price.
- Skype continued to grow its user base, revenues and earning because it offers great services.
- Today Microsoft wants to buy Skype for $8.5B
- In November 2007 the idiot Meg Whitman wrote off $900M saying they had paid Skype too much. This stupid fake and idiot write-off resulted in Ebay posting its first losses ever. EBAY shares lost 17% of their values in a few days.
- Even worse, in September 2009 the super idiot John Donahoe valued Skype $2.75 billion and he sold 65% of it to various investors among which Marc Andersen.
Etrade sucks: international customers are charged double commissions! A ripoff that isn’t written anywhere on their website. I will transfer my Etrade account. October 19, 2010Posted by deminvest in investment, investment strategies.
Tags: commissions, etrade, ripoff, sucks
1 comment so far
It is official: Etrade lies on their commissions. On http://www.etrade.com they say commissions is $9.99. They don’t say anything about double commissions ($19.99) for international customers for the same trades that cost US customers $9.99 This is the official statement by Etrade staff of their ripoff:
Sent: 10/18/2010 04:18 PM
Subject: Trading & Investing
Topic: Trade Inquiry
Reference Number: 1217999
Message: Dear Customer,
Thank you for your message regarding commission fee.
This commission fee schedule applies to your account.
E*TRADE Securities Trading Fees and Commissions
International Customers (non-US customers on the US-International Site):
1.)All stock orders of 2000 or fewer shares (in linked accounts)