Yesterday I sold 8 at shares of a great company: Petrochina (PTR). I sold them at $182.38 each. I made a total amount of $ 1459
I had bought 10 of them at 128.58 in May, spending a sum of $1285.8.
So I got all my money back. I had a nice earning of $173 and I still have 2 Petrochina shares that I got for free. They are now worth $ 364 and that I will try to keep forever. This is yet another example of the free stock strategy.
I had to sell Petrochina because of my strategy, but I do think it is still a great oil company to own. The 6 reasons that made me buy it are still there, although, due to the fact that Petrochina is 40% more expensive than it was in May and to the fact that oil price were a bit lower in the second quarter than they are no in the third, numbers a bit less attractive.
- Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.20% ( used to be 4.60% with May’s lower stock price)
- Quarterly Revenue Growth (yoy): 20.30% ( used to be 25.30% with higher oil prices) (more…)
Worries about “China Bubble” sent Shanghai down 6.5% but… let’s compare China Mobile (CHL) with Vodafone (VOD) to see who is overvalued. May 30, 2007Posted by deminvest in China Mobile, China stock, CHL, growth stock, investment, Petrochina, PTR, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends, VOD, Vodafone.
- Greenspan, who started out like a guru, after quitting his previous profession, talks about a supposed “China Bubble”.
- Chinese government imposed a tax of 0.4% on every trade on Shanghai stock exchange, to calm it from growing too much.
Those warnings succeeded in sending Shanghai stock markets down 6.5% today… That of course sent European markets down 1% and probably will send Wall Street down at opening too… Good Job!
But… Every-time I look at Chinese company figures, I see they are fairly priced. Often their current growth makes them cheap bargains.
Last week I bought Petrochina, because it was the best buy Oil Company. Now I am looking with great interest at World largest Cell Phone company: China Mobile.
I talked too much! Let’s let numbers sing now: (more…)
I am buying 10 Petrochina (PTR) May 14, 2007Posted by deminvest in China stock, growth stock, investment, oil stock, Petrochina, PTR, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
Everything seems delightful about this stock:
- Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 4.60%
- Quarterly Revenue Growth (yoy): 25.30%
- Quartetrly Earnings Growth (yoy):29.40%
- Forward P/E: 11.55
- More cash than debt
- Hooked to China’s growth…..