Which hotel for proletarian investor? Clairon (Choice Hotels International [CHH]), Ritz-Carlton (Marriot [MAR]), Sofitel [AC] Holidayinn (International Hotel Group [IHG]) or Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.’s (HOT) July 20, 2009Posted by deminvest in Hilton, HLT, International Hotel Group.
1 comment so far
As traveler, I can’t have any doubt… Ritz Carlton are too expensive for me. But Investing is a little bit like dreaming…
Which hotel for proletarian investor? Ritz-Carlton (Marriot [MAR]), Clairon (Choice Hotels International [CHH]), Sofitel (AC in Paris), Holiday Inn (International Hotel Group [IHG]) or Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.’s (HOT)?
I restricted my choice to the two main:
- Ritz-Carlton (Marriot [MAR]) and
- Holiday Inn (International Hotel Group [IHG])
Ritz Carlton (Marriot [MAR]) owns more hotels directly. Holiday Inn (International Hotel Group [IHG]) is mainly a Franchise. IHG owns less properties, but is larger in terms of Band.
I chose Holiday Inn (International Hotel Group [IHG]) because owning less properties is better with curent real estate market. Also a frnchise has more money yielding contracts and less direct expenses.
Last, but not least, dividends:
$0.24 per share yield an honest 2.5%.
I got 90 IHG shares at USD 10.45 each spending a total amount of $ 940.50 + $4.50 commissions
What will I chose in market packed with bargains like General Electrics (GE), Google (GOOG), STP Suntech Power, GOL, Mariott (MAR) Boing (BA) and many others? March 26, 2008Posted by deminvest in BA, Boeing, China stock, goog, Google, International Hotel Group, Internet stocks, investment, investment strategies, Nasdaq stock, Wipro, WIT.
Tags: bargains, Wall Street
I must be crazy. I see great bargains in the same Wall Street where big gurus see thunderstorms and danger. I feel just like one of those bargain hunters:
My problem: too much choice of under-priced stocks! Not easy to pick.
- I could get some more GE: P/E 16, forward P/E 13. Juicy dividend yield of 3.70%. revenue and earnings growing
- I could get some more Google: Forward P/E 17. Yea they say their revenue and earnings growth may slow down. So what? Google is more successful than ever. Google’s growth in advertising revenue in 2007 in USA was larger than revenue growth of all other advertising seller summed together. Also Google has cash corresponding 10% of its market cap. Even if Google has a few quieter quarters, its fundamentals are as great as ever.
- I could get some more STP Suntech Power: it is Worlds largest Solar panels producer. Everybody wants clean energy nowadays. That is why STP during last quarter had Revenue Growth: 82.50% earnings Growth (yoy):61.10%. I could get this stock as cheap as Forward P/E: 12 (more…)