GOOG guys think they are gods: Google about to solve World’s energy and enviroment problems November 28, 2007Posted by deminvest in goog, Google, green stocks, growth stock, Internet stocks, investment, nasdaq, Nasdaq stock, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks.
Tags: Apollo, energy, environment, green, Prometheus, Zeus
This is not a Joke:
Eric Schmidt, Sergey Brin and Larry Page (alias Zeus, Apollo and Prometheus) will be so kind to take some of their precious time (and of Google’s money) to solve a couple of World’s problems:
1) Cheap Energy
2) Environmental Protection
We humans are so lucky for what Zeus Apollo and Prometheus are going to give us:
” Our goal is to produce one gigawatt of renewable energy capacity that is cheaper than coal. We are optimistic this can be done in years, not decades,”. Larry Page did really say so!
…And 3 hours later went up + 52%…
Let’s calm down a bit and tell the whole story (which is an example of how to “sell earn and cry“)
1) On Apr 27, 2006 I bought 150 HOKU shares at $7 each, spending a total sum of $1050. I mainly did it because it was one of the few green high tech ( hydrogen cells) companies which did actually have earnings. I knew it was a crazy move
2) A short time later HOKU was down 60% because they seemed to give up their hydrogen cell technology to build polysilicon for solar plants. That way HOKU admitted that their “Proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells” wasn’t good enough. I inserted HOKU in my “investing mistakes” list, but did not sell it. I never sell a stock unless it goes 40% up. (more…)
I promised I’d buy on March 1th. Trina Solar TSL is my crazy choice in times of financial storms March 1, 2007Posted by deminvest in China stock, green stocks, growth stock, investment, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, TSL.
Everything seems wrong in this decision, except maybe the fact that it is environmentally friendly…
1) I know very little about TSL. Even on yahoo finance most numbers are missing.
2) An uninformed investor like me should never buy in times of unstable markets, like this week
3) China is the most unstable stock market in the big blue globe.