Dogs of the Eurostoxx 2008 January 10, 2008Posted by deminvest in Defensive Stock, Deutsche Telecom, Dogs of the Eurostoxx 50, Enel, Eni, European Stocks, Fortis, investment, investment strategies, Italian stocks, NOK, nokia, Single stocks, stock I own, Telecom Italia, Tlefonica, Total (TOT), VIV.PA Vivendi.
1 comment so far
This is the new 10 “Dogs of the Eurostoxx” list for year 2008 (price and dividend on Jan, 9, 2008):
We can notice that half of those high yielding stocks are banks. This is the result of “subprime” turmoil on financial markets that heavily hit banks during second half of 2007. It happened in the US, but also hit European banks.
Comparing 2008 list with last year’s dogs of the Eurostoxx we notice that only
- Telecom Italia (same dividend, lover price),
- Société Générale(higher dividend, lower price),
- Deutsche Telekom (same dividend, higher price)
- and France Télécom (higher dividend, higher price)
are still in the list.
With high risks on stock markets, rates pointing down, recession fears for US Economy and US dollars sliding, it may be interesting to invest on those European large companies that should yield good cash. I will probably do so. It will take me a few months to buy them all, because I only own Telecom Italia and Deutsche Telekom so far. I will start buying Intesa San Paolo, Italy’s largest bank, which yields juicy 7.29%. (more…)
why did I buy 70 (DT) Deutsche Telekom shares? February 5, 2007Posted by deminvest in Deutsche Telecom, Dogs of the Eurostoxx 50, European Stocks, investment, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
add a comment
2) DT it the third member of the Dogs of the Eurostoxx 30 and I like to follow the Dogs strategy
3) It pays hefty dividends 5.20%
4) I want to invest in Europe. European economy is restarting now. Many “big-wise-smart-super experts” say that US economy is unstable because is sitting on a huge debt, by the Federal government and by US citizens, and because of the “Twin Deficit”: Federal deficit and Foreign Trade Deficit
5) DT is slowly paying off its debts.
Why maybe I should not have bought DT Deutsche Telekom: (more…)
The Dogs of the Eurostoxx 50 2007 January 31, 2007Posted by deminvest in ABN Amro, Deutsche Telecom, Dogs of the Eurostoxx 50, Enel, Eni, European Stocks, Fortis, ING, investment, investment strategies, Single stocks, Societe Generaale, stock faq, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends, Telecom Italia, Tlefonica.
We, the people, love dividends. We like them because we always have to work and at least when we invest we want to see money flow on our bank accounts without having to work for once. We like dividends because we trust companies that are able to pay cash year after year. The Dogs of the Dow are well known. They are the 10 stocks that deliver the best dividends among the 30 stocks that are included in famous Dow Jones Industrial Average. But there are dogs also outside USA. Here I present a nice table of the Dogs of the Eurostoxx 50, which is the index of 50 most important companies. The Dogs are the best 10 dividend payers.
The Dogs of the €urostoxx 50 1/1/2007