Fording Canadian Coal (FDG) hit my 40% up target in such hard times! February 1, 2008Posted by deminvest in FDG Foding Canadian Coal, investment, my free stock.
on July 13, 2006 I bought 50 FDG at USD 30.2 each spending a total amount of $1510. I wrote why I chose Fording Canadian Coal right on this Blog. I’m surely glad of my choice.
Today FDG hit my 40% up target, to which I should add dividends worth another 16% that I cashed meanwhile. As my 50 FDGs hit 40% target I:
1) Sold 35 FDG shares at $ 45 each cashing a total amount of $ 1575, more than what I spent to buy 50.
2) Kept 15 FDG shares left (worth $675). They are now free stocks, thanks to my FREE STOCK STRATEGY.
The stock looked like a bargain when I bought it. It looks less so now, but I’m happy to own my 15 free FDG:
- Coal is nowadays an heavily requested commodity
- FDG still offers juicy 5% dividend yield.
Frank Galotti’s comment on the (PVR) Penn Virginia Resource article pointed out what a bargain is FDG.
I checked and found that PVR has:
- P/E = 5.25
- Dividend Yield = 11.60%
- Qtrly Revenue Growth yoy = 64%
- Qtrly Earnings Growth = 154% (more…)