With HOKU it’s a “free stocks” landslide: sold 110 HOKU SCIENTIFIC at + 40% June 26, 2007Posted by deminvest in green stocks, growth stock, HOKU Scientific, investment, my free stock, nasdaq, Nasdaq stock, risky investments, Single stocks, stock I own, stocks, STP, suntech.
…And 3 hours later went up + 52%…
Let’s calm down a bit and tell the whole story (which is an example of how to “sell earn and cry“)
1) On Apr 27, 2006 I bought 150 HOKU shares at $7 each, spending a total sum of $1050. I mainly did it because it was one of the few green high tech ( hydrogen cells) companies which did actually have earnings. I knew it was a crazy move
2) A short time later HOKU was down 60% because they seemed to give up their hydrogen cell technology to build polysilicon for solar plants. That way HOKU admitted that their “Proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells” wasn’t good enough. I inserted HOKU in my “investing mistakes” list, but did not sell it. I never sell a stock unless it goes 40% up.
3) HOKU must have very bright and aggressive managers. The entered the solar business very aggressively, secured large loans, started building huge plants, hit the right moment, when polysilicon is a scarce resource required by world’s major solar panel producers, so they signed with customers like Suntech huge contracts, worth hundreds of times their current yearly revenues.
4) as Pickard forecasted on his blog five days ago, Hoku stock – price skyrocketed (too bad Pickard didn’t buy any…).
5) Yesterday morning HOKU was 40% up from my buy price. According to my “New free stock strategy” I sold 110 at $9.71 getting $1068.1 (which is more than I spent). I still have 40 HOKU shares which are now free for me. HOKU continued to run and it closed at 10.74. OI could have sold 10% higher just by waiting 3 hours! But it’s ok to “Sell earn and cry“. Crying after earning is much better than crying after losing hardly earned dollars!
With HOKU it makes 6 stocks that I have turned into free in June. About $9000 back into my bank account and about $3000 worth of free stocks. A lansdlide win!
… Actually seeing such great success I did a few things outside my strategy, that may cost me dearly… Will post about them later… Discipline is such a difficult word for a passionate unprofessional investor like me!