jump to navigation

My stock purchase for March is Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS) March 22, 2013

Posted by antibeppegrillo in investment, PAAS, Pan American Silver Corp, stock I own, stocks, stocks that pay high dividends.
I am a silver miner today!

I am a silver miner today

  • Silver could be a safe haven in case of disasters.
  • Silver besides being a precious metal, is very much needed by industry (so I read somewhere).
  • Pan American Silver Corp. (PAAS) is World’s second Silver producer/miner, and I can’t figure out which is the first.
  • 3% dividend yield is something I like very much, specially considiring that Payout ratio is  an honest 30%
  • Forward P/E ( Dec 31, 2014): 10.01 seems cheap enough to me, although current P/E = 30 is quite high. The different between future and current may depend on expected growth (GOOD!) or some accounting charges PAAS wrote off this year (NEUTRAL)
  • PAAS is packed with cash: Total Cash=542.32 M and Total Debt= 77.98 M, means that 20% of the price I pay is cash. Remaining 80% in silver looks really great!





1. deminvest - March 22, 2013

Here is my order:
Limit $16.50 16.47 16.48 Day 03/22/13 2:29 PM ET
Executed $16.4899

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: