Facebook is a good investment because Google Plus is a failure January 8, 2013Posted by deminvest in Facebook, goog, Google.
It’s like a rich kid in high school who discovered he wasn’t invited to a party, so he threw a better party and no one came.
Facebook’s edge over Google:
- data on which Google is built ( web sites all over the World) is available to Facebook and to anyone able to build a spider.
- data available to Facebook is locked.
Google’s edge over Facebook:
- much better technology
- much better mobile strategy
- much richer
- ads based on what you are searching for are much better than ads based on who you are.
Facebook may be a better investment than Google in the long run because:
- Facebook is cheaper: Market Cap is $62 B vs GOOG’s $ 240 B
- Facebook can buy or copy better technology and search. Facebook could even enhance one user’s search result based on:
- user’s previous likes
- user’s data
- user’s friends behavior and likes
- Facebook can display search related ads, once it has introduced its search
- Facebook is getting rich too
- Facebook can become a payment system.