Buy what China wants… I’m buying Potash (POT) because my guess is: China wants food! December 6, 2010Posted by deminvest in POT, Potash.
Tags: DE, Deere & Company, John Deere
This is how I ended up on Potash (POT):
- At first I looked at tractors. John Deere looked like a nice bet. They just raised their dividends and it yields nice
- Then I did wonder… do Chinese want John Deere Tractors? Not only I found out they don’t. I even discovered many American farmers are turning to Jimna Chinese junk. Jimna tractors are less expensive. I see John Deer in some potential competition trouble. I also fond out John Dere has debts equal to a yer worth of sales. So I decided to loo further.
- As I usually do when I want to invest in a certain industry, I looked how ETFs are composed. I found MOO Agriculture ETF. P0tash (POT) is their first holding, second is John Deere. Potash composes 10% of MOO ETF.
- I was on the right track. Potash is mined into the Earth and put into fertilizers. Chinese can manufacture just about anything, but they can’t dig mines in Canada.
- Potash is a bit expensive (P/E= , but growing fast. I’m jumping into that wagon!
Here is my order, executed on infamous Etrade:
|Executed||Buy 10 POT Mkt Day||12/06/10 02:19:05 PM EST||10.00||143.83||19.99|