Tags: cloud computing
add a comment
1) CISCO Should benefit of recent trends like Cloud Computing, movie streaming, mobile bandwidth increasing with 4G.
2) CSCO It is cheap now: Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday): 15.12, Forward P/E: 9.88
3) CISCO is growing and expected to continue its growth ( 2) ): Quarterly Revenue Growth (yoy): 10.80%, Quarterly Earnings Growth (yoy): 43.50%.
Why QUALCOMM should buy ARM tomorrow morning February 21, 2012Posted by deminvest in investment.
Tags: ARM, ARMH, chip, mobile computing, QCOM, Qualcomm, smatphone
1 comment so far
QUALCOMM Incorporated (QCOM) is a great company.
QCOM reached had 50% market-share on smartphone APPS processor market in 2012. QUALCOMM chips power Apple iPads, iPhones and most Androids, Samsung Galaxy S2 included.
It should be no surprise to anybody to know that QCOM revenue grew 40% in a year and earnings went up 20%.
So why is this healthy fast growing company priced on a forward price on earning of 15? Easy to answer: a small company, ARM, owns the technology that Qualcomm uses. Qualcomm is after all a manufacturer of ARM chips.
Added another 61 free Ebay shares: free stock strategy strikes again! February 17, 2012Posted by deminvest in investment.
add a comment
Today I sold 161 EBAY shares @ $34.57. I made $5565.77. This way I brought back home all the cash I had spent over the years to buy 222 EBAY shares at an average price of $ 25.138 each.
Now I have all my dollars plus 61 free EBAY shares worth $ 2135. I had done the same in the past, so I already had 10 free EBAY shares.
So I am an happy owner of 71 FREE EBAY SHARES!
SOHU – Sohu.com Inc: one more apparent bargain: a Chinese Internet company packed with cash and growing fast. February 7, 2012Posted by deminvest in China stock, SOHU.
add a comment
Chinese stock market is full of gilded traps. I fell in one of those with SPU.
SOHU seems better
Tags: idiots, John Donahoe, Meg Whitman, ripoff, skype, Skype writedon write-down
Plain facts that anybody who is not an idiot can understand:
- Ebay bought fast growing Skype at $3.1 B bargain price.
- Skype continued to grow its user base, revenues and earning because it offers great services.
- Today Microsoft wants to buy Skype for $8.5B
- In November 2007 the idiot Meg Whitman wrote off $900M saying they had paid Skype too much. This stupid fake and idiot write-off resulted in Ebay posting its first losses ever. EBAY shares lost 17% of their values in a few days.
- Even worse, in September 2009 the super idiot John Donahoe valued Skype $2.75 billion and he sold 65% of it to various investors among which Marc Andersen.
Risky bet on Ren Ren right after IPO. The Chinese Facebook is already on a rollercoster. May 6, 2011Posted by deminvest in China stock, RENN, Renren.
This is how I just gambled $ 972 on a crazy IPO on Ren Ren, a young company which supposedly should be the Chinese Facebook:
Symbol RENN Quantity 50 Shares
Date of Order0 5/04/2011 Time of Order 12:54 PM
Executed Price $19.33 Commission $4.95
Total for this Execution $-971.45
I did it this crazy bet for several reasons:
- Creative Maths… If Baidu : Google = RenRen : Facebook , then $51B : $173B = x : $50B and x = $14.7B. If Renren reaches a Market Cap of $ 14 B, it means the stock has gone 10 times up (more…)
Buy what China wants… I’m buying Potash (POT) because my guess is: China wants food! December 6, 2010Posted by deminvest in POT, Potash.
Tags: DE, Deere & Company, John Deere
add a comment
This is how I ended up on Potash (POT):
- At first I looked at tractors. John Deere looked like a nice bet. They just raised their dividends and it yields nice
- Then I did wonder… do Chinese want John Deere Tractors? Not only I found out they don’t. I even discovered many American farmers are turning to Jimna Chinese junk. Jimna tractors are less expensive. I see John Deer in some potential competition trouble. I also fond out John Dere has debts equal to a yer worth of sales. So I decided to loo further.
- As I usually do when I want to invest in a certain industry, I looked how ETFs are composed. I found MOO Agriculture ETF. P0tash (POT) is their first holding, second is John Deere. Potash composes 10% of MOO ETF. (more…)
5 minutes a go I sold 15 MCD shares at USD 79.7 each. I made a total amount of $1195. It is a bit more than the $1111 I had spend on Apr 20, 2009 when I bought 20 MCD McDonald’s Corporation shares at $ 55.35 each.
I am now an happy owner of 5 free MCD shares.
Just bought 8 SSU (Samsung) shares at EUR 194,95 each November 16, 2010Posted by deminvest in growth stock, investment, Samsung, SSU.
add a comment
I bought 8 SSU (Samsung) shares at EUR 194,95 each. I did that because:
- I am buying a Samsung TV.
- The big spenders I know are either buying Samsung or Apple smartphones
- Samsung invests hugely in Research and developement
- Samsung stock is fairly priced
Etrade sucks: international customers are charged double commissions! A ripoff that isn’t written anywhere on their website. I will transfer my Etrade account. October 19, 2010Posted by deminvest in investment, investment strategies.
Tags: commissions, etrade, ripoff, sucks
It is official: Etrade lies on their commissions. On http://www.etrade.com they say commissions is $9.99. They don’t say anything about double commissions ($19.99) for international customers for the same trades that cost US customers $9.99 This is the official statement by Etrade staff of their ripoff:
Sent: 10/18/2010 04:18 PM
Subject: Trading & Investing
Topic: Trade Inquiry
Reference Number: 1217999
Message: Dear Customer,
Thank you for your message regarding commission fee.
This commission fee schedule applies to your account.
E*TRADE Securities Trading Fees and Commissions
International Customers (non-US customers on the US-International Site):
1.)All stock orders of 2000 or fewer shares (in linked accounts)