iPhone 5 preview. Will it hurt Apple’s financials? July 7, 2010Posted by deminvest in AAPL, Apple, growth stock, investment.
Tags: Iphone, iPhone 5, iPhone4, Steve Jobs
Here it is:
I am curious to see if the issue connected to holding the iPhone 4 in your left hand will hurt Apple’s financials.
Will Internet kill the TV star, the movie star and the publisher star? Amazon (AMZN), Barnes & Noble, February 17, 2010Posted by deminvest in Amazon, AMZN, Apple, growth stock, Internet stocks, investment, investment strategies, Nasdaq stock.
Tags: book sellers, filesharing, majors, movie makers, publishing industry, records
add a comment
Nowadays record sellers and music majors are seeing their business shrink dramatically.
When it will be possible to download a movie as easy as it is to download an mp3, many will just take the opportunity.
Here it is. The iPad sucks. I had guessed right. January 27, 2010Posted by deminvest in AAPL, Apple, growth stock, nasdaq, Nasdaq stock.
Tags: eBook, iPad, ITablet, Kindle, Steve Jobs
I had guessed right the iPad sucks. It is just an overgrown iPhone that we can’t hold in our pockets or purses.
My guesses were right.
6 Reasons why Apple ITablet sucks. Or should I say IPad sucks? January 26, 2010Posted by deminvest in AAPL, Apple, growth stock, investment, nasdaq, Nasdaq stock.
Tags: E Ink, electronic paper, Ibook, iPad, ITablet, Kindle, tablet
1) We can’t use Apple iPad to read books because it doesn’t have E Ink electronic paper display like Amazon’s Kindle . Apple iPad will emit light and tire our eyes. We can only read our last book on the IBook.
2) We can’t use Apple iPad to make phonecalls: too big to carry around
3) We can’t use it in the office: We type better on our keyboad. We also need a large screen to do 15 tasks at the same time.
4) We can’t use it at home: we like to type from the sofa at home. With our laptop we lay the keyboard on our legs, the screen will be in front of our eyes so we can use both hands to type or move around the pointer. Try to do that with a tool that doesn’t have a keyboard. Our spouses aren’t going to be willing to hold the IBook in front of our sofa, so we can use both hands to type.
5) We can’t use in the car. We have to drive
6) We can’t use it in the bus. Too unstable: the iTablet is meant to be held in one hand while the other hand types and works. At first stop or sharp curve it will slip out of our hand. I won’t be usable in a crowded subway where anybody can easily grab and run out with our $1000 toy.
Tags: bargains, cheap
1 comment so far
- It is hard to defeat the giant. Google, Apple, The Open Source communty, all claim that Microsoft is evil and that their products are better. Still I am Blogging from Windows PC, and chances are you’re reading me using Microsoft software. It is not easy to change people’s habbits and Miscroft has shown great ability to defends its core markets, while competing on new markets, like mobile devices, Internet services, Gaming… Things can change, but nobody has yet proven they can really hurt Microsoft
- We, the people want cheap stuff. Snobs can still pay twice as much to get same CPU and same RAM on a Mac, but I am not going to throw all that money on a sleek design. Most of the 6 Billion people on this planet wouldn’t do so either. Developing countries are adopting Windows. They can’t afford Apple’s cool stuff. (more…)
Will Cloudonimics (Cluod Economics) be the next “big thing”? April 27, 2009Posted by deminvest in AAPL, Apple, ebay, goog, Google, growth stock, Hewlet Pacward, HP, Intel, Internet stocks, investment, investment strategies, low cost, MSFT Microsoft stock, nasdaq, Nasdaq stock, opensource, risky investments, Single stocks, Yahoo, YHOO.
add a comment
Google, Amazon, IBM and Ebay will probably have advantages in a “Cloud Economics” scenario.
Microsoft and maybe Apple could be damaged.
Solution to “no sound problem”
sudo vi /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
Add the following line to the end of the file
options options snd-hda-intel model=laptop enable_msi=1
Asiainfo ASIA up 25% in 2 days before earnings. Did I learn from mistakes made with Apple and Va Software (LNUX)? October 24, 2007Posted by deminvest in AAPL, Apple, China stock, growth stock, investment, risky investments, stock I own, stock ratios, stocks.
It is happening again: stock is showing outstanding gains right before the company reports on quarterly earnings. Asiainfo Holdings Inc. (ticker ASIA) is a Chinese software House that develops software mainly for Telecommunication companies.
Asia Info will “Announce Third Quarter 2007 Results on October 25, 2007” so on 23 and 24 October stock price skyrocketed up 25%, and hit my target of 40% raise since I bought it on February 2007. (more…)
I sold 6 Apple shares today (ironically) a few hours before Apple reported earnings jumping 67%. I made many investing mistakes, but this one beats them all. Apple is 7% up in after-hour market
I did agree with most analysts that Apple was probably going to beat estimates. So why did I sell?
Apple shares are horribly expensive. Apple products are too expensive too! Apple is the opposite of Low Cost Society that I want! I always hated Apple! I hate Apple now! I also hate the fact that I refused to buy Apple before. I hate the fact that Apple consistently proved me wrong as I said: “AAPL is too expensive”:
1 day price hike: +2.75%
5 days price hike: +2.85%
1 month price hike: +12.36%
3 months price hike: +38%
6 months price hike: +44%
1 year price hike: + 116%
5 years price hike: +1134%